15 Super Foods That Prevent Breast Cancer
Cancer is a dreaded word in the field of ailments due to the general perception prevailing about it. It is a group of diseases characterised by uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells, which if not detected early and controlled, often turns out to be fatal. However, among the many, breast cancer is common in women. As per a WHO study, one in eight women is likely to suffer from breast cancer shortly. On the flip side, early detection is the key to treatment of cancer, and it can be kept at bay with a strict regimen. The con of cancer treatment is its prohibitive cost, which can ruin any family in the absence of adequate health insurance cover. Needless to mention, it is only with dedicated cancer mediclaim that one is equipped to cope with the scourge.
The basis of cancer mediclaim policy:
Fighting cancer requires a lot of resilience and emotional strength and not the least, sound financial support. It is never too late to be prepared for it by choosing an ideal mediclaim for cancer. The key reasons to opt for suitable critical illness insurance like are:
- Medical conditions, such as cancer can affect anybody at any time without warning.
- The incidence of cancer around the world is seeing an alarming increase, women being the most vulnerable for breast cancer due to biological causes.
- Treatment of cancer is very expensive, and in the long run, it is a big drain on finances.
- It is in this light; you need to be prepared with an adequate cover armed with mediclaim for cancer treatment.
Prevention of breast cancer:
Biological attributes make women prone to breast cancer in India. While no one can predict the onset of cancer, being prepared for such eventualities by opting for mediclaim for cancer patients in India is one that makes great sense. However, considering the grave traumatic and emotional consequences, not to mention the financial travails of battling cancer, prevention seems to be a rational option. Suitable lifestyle changes, including diet, appears to be viable in the context of prevention. Here is a list of 15 superfoods that can truly help in combating cancer.
- Spinach: It is a green leafy vegetable rich in an antioxidant called Lutien that limits the spread of breast cancer cells.
- Parsley: The presence of flavonoid called Apigenin inhibits the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Tomatoes: Rich in Lycopene, which is an active antioxidant, prevents the growth of cancer cells.
- Turmeric: The common “Haldi” is an important ingredient in Indian cuisine. Curcumin present in turmeric prevents the growth of cancer cells and helps repair radiation-induced damage.
- Pomegranate: It can be consumed both as juice or dessert to derive its benefit, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in the breast region due to the presence of Polyphenol.
- Green Tea: It prevents breast cancer growth through the high concentration of active Polyphenol and catechins.
- Garlic: The Omega-3 fatty acids in it slow down the growth of cancerous tumours.
- Blueberries: The anti-cancer properties of Ellagic Acid slows down the growth of cancer cells.
- Flaxseed: Lignin and Omega-3 fatty acids in Flaxseed oil help form a protective shield against cancer.
- Broccoli: The vegetable is rich in compounds such as Indole-3-cabrinol helps fight cancer.
- Walnuts: It is Omega-3 fatty acid rich, which helps the body to fight inflammation and cancerous tumours, specially breast cancer.
- Beans: A leguminous vegetable rich in fatty acid Butyrate helps prevent cancer.
- White Button Mushrooms: They help in slowing down breast cancer growth by controlling the enzyme Aromatase.
- Cinnamon: It is a powerful spice that blocks blood, supplying protein to the cancer cells.
- Whole Grains: Brown rice and oatmeal are popular whole grains rich in Polyphenols, making them a potent anti-cancer ingredient.
While it is a good idea to work on the prevention of breast cancer through the ingestion of diet rich in anti-cancer properties, it is also imperative to buy a suitable mediclaim policy for cancer patients in India. A combination of the first two along with well-endowed health insurance is a sure protection against the expensive cancer treatment.