How does WD My Passport wireless work?
How does WD My Passport wireless work?
The My Passport Wireless is a bus-powered USB 3.0 portable drive that also has an embedded Wi-Fi network and a built-in battery. When connected to a computer, it works as a regular external hard drive, and when running on the battery, it becomes a wireless mobile media server.
How do I reset my WD My Passport Wireless?
For a system only reset, the battery has to have at least a 25% charge.
- With the power ON , hold down the Power and WPS buttons at the same time for around 10 seconds until the drive reboots and the Power and Battery Status LED flashes white.
- Wait until the Wi-Fi LED is blue before reconnecting.
How do I connect my passport to my mobile?
You can connect your hard drive to your android phone using an OTG cable. But your phone needs to support the OTG cable. First you connect your hard drive to your OTG cable and then connect it to the phone in the USB port. Then you can play videos, music,photos,In your smartphone.
Can I plug an external HDD into my router?
First, you can connect an external USB hard drive to a router that features USB ports. This method works only when the hard drive features its own Ethernet port: Simply plug the hard drive into its power supply, plug the hard drive into the router with an Ethernet cable, and you’re done.
How can I make my external hard drive a server?
Adding an external hard drive to your network
- Connect the external hard drive to the USB port of your server or computer that is always ON.
- Click the Start button, then click Computer.
- Right-click on the external drive, then select Share with.
- Click the Advanced Sharing…
- Check the Share this folder option.
Is WD My Passport Wireless?
My Passport Wireless SSD creates its own fast 802.11ac WiFi connection so you can wirelessly connect to your drive to access and view saved photos or smoothly stream 4K video directly to your phone or tablet using the My Cloud app.
How do I unlock my WD Passport?
▪ Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities On the Unlock Drive dialog: a. Type your password in the Password box. b. Click Unlock Drive.
Does WD My Passport work with phone?
The My Passport shows up as a Wi-Fi access point for your phone, tablet, laptop, smart TV, or Wi-Fi camera. Once connected, the files on the drive are accessible via the My Cloud app for iOS and Android or through the browser on a desktop or laptop.
How do I access my WD Passport?
How to Access, View or Recover Data from Inaccessible WD External HDD
- Select the drive where you lose your data and click “Scan”.
- Use “Filter” or “Search” to find the lost files on the selected hard drive.
- Select all the files you want and click “Recover”, and browse another secure location to save them.
How do I set up my WD passport?
Open File Explorer. Choose “Computer” from the navigation pane and then double-click on the WD Passport drive (typically labelled “My Passport”). Double-click the WD Apps Setup.exe file to begin configuring the bundled software on your system.
How do I update my WD passport?
Connect computer to the My Passport Wireless Wi-Fi network. Using a web browser, open the My Passport Wireless dashboard. Go to Firmware Tab. Under the section Auto Update. You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok.
What is WD security setup?
WD Security is a simple application that lets you lock the drive with a password. You can set WD Security to provide you with a “password hint” if you forget your password but it will not retrieve your password in the event that you forget it. WD Security is a Shareware software in the category Miscellaneous developed by Western Digital .
How do you set up a passport?
To set up a Passport, click the Start button and choose Control Panel. The Control Panel dialog box opens. (Alternatively, you can set up a Passport in your browser: Type http://www.passport.com in the Address bar and press Enter.)